Thread subject: Homeroasters.org :: CUPPING 101
Posted by ginny on 03/23/2009 12:01
Gather some coffee lovers together with a small coffee cupping supply and let the fun begin.
Coffee cupping is not difficult and will take some practice and patience but the reward will give you invaluable knowledge about coffee.
Your coffee cupping supply will consist of the following:
1. Fresh filtered water, not distilled or softened.
2. A coffee scoop that holds 2 tablespoons.
3. Small cupping cups that hold 5 ounces each
(3 for each sample; if cupping 3 coffees you will need 9)
4. Small rectangle plastic trays to hold beans; 1 for each coffee.
5. Cupping spoons that are deep for holding samples and slurping.
6. Whole Bean Coffee; enough for 3 cups each-six tablespoons.
1. Bring water to rolling boil and let stand.
2. Put your cups on the table in 3 groups of 3 each.
3. Using your scoop measure 1 scoop of beans per cup.
4. Grind coffee beans to a fine consistency and put in cup.
picture need to be added guys, got any of your own cuppings?
Posted by seedlings on 03/23/2009 12:14
Um, I thought you weren't ever
supposed to rolling boil water for coffee, and that was just for tea :|
But I can't remember where I read that. May have been homebarista.