Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Facebookers of HRO.
Kaffee Bitte
I just created a group on Facebook the other day as a means of getting to know my fellow homeroasters via Facebook. Anyone is welcome to join the group (have to have a facebook account though.)

Anyway feel free to add me as a friend and I will gladly invite you to the group. My name is Lynn Garcia. Pretty easy to find if you look at my avatar on here. Same on Facebook.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

seedlings
Lynn, I may have opened a facebook account some moons ago, but found that my current hobbies stretched time too thin to maintain it. It's probably been auto-deleted. I'll just hang here. Thanks for setting this baby up, though!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

qajariaq
Lynn, I just sent you a friend request over at Facebook and joined the HRO group as well. c:1

lzsbearly
I just sent a friend request too. i'm under Elizabeth Mack
oh man your coffee is sooooooo good this morning.
L'z

Kaffee Bitte
Everyone that replied so far has been added.

Including you Chad! Spend as little time as you will on it the account remains valid until you get rid of it.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

mainestratman
The shorter half and I joined the HRO group.. would love to see more action on it!

Clifford
I tried to find the group and add you as a friend I don't know if I succeeded. I am very new to facebook
May the Force be with your cup

John Despres
What would be the purpose of a Facebook page, when all the action is right here?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

Clifford
There are all kind of Kinky folk on Facebook The conversations should be quite interesting. I joined 2 weeks ago and am being inundated, including suggestions to become a Moslem, I signed up because my nephew invited me, and was hoping for a placid web page where he could post pictures of his children Which he did. Life and Coffee are both fun

mldavis2
Facebook can be a good way to keep in touch with family and friends, but it can become both addictive and get quickly out of control if you begin to add friends of friends, etc. A true pyramid in action. I use FB primarily to keep in touch daily with family members.

I rather agree with John, that most of the informative action is here and on other coffee forums such as Sweet Marias. If you get too diversified, you can't keep up. I'm new to this particular forum, but it is well run and user friendly. You can't ask more than that.
I love home roast!

iRoast2
Capresso Infinity
CCD, French press, Aeropress, TechniVorm

Clifford
That is what happened to me. I added "friends" of friends" and it did prymid

seedlings
I probably make people mad because I'm very selective. I add only my real bonafide friends or family. (Some family)

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 12/29/2009 5:15 PM
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

John Despres
I accept pretty much everyone and then hide 'em if they bug me. I enjoy Facebook for the silly toy it is and for keeping up with my out-of-town friends/family.

I don't hide my coffee family, though.

Facebook is best for griping about the weather.

John
Edited by John Despres on 12/29/2009 5:27 PM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

redzone
FB has its pros and cons I am listed as Chris Blair and reg in New Zealand, happy to add coffee people. My avatar is my 2 little girls.

Cheers

Chris
- VBM SL (w) temp - Compak W10 - 1kg Corretto Roaster - Naked PF (w) J Farino Handle - Synesso D/Basket - Pullman Barista Tamper - Many Syphons & Pour Overs

bvwelch

John Despres wrote:
Facebook is best for griping about the weather.

And maybe some photos of your Florida vacation? Did the coffee work out?

Clifford
I am still waiting for Lynn to accept me as a friend, and the join his group. I the meantime I am somehow getting daily updates from a Presidential candidate in Shri Lanka and notices of events in Cleveland's Bars and clubs. With only 29 friends this is starting to grow. One of my new friends has 4,600 friends. That is a lot of typing on the keyboard to accept that many

John Despres
Bill, I roasted 10 batches and everyone's diggin' it so far. Uganda Organic Bugisu this morning. The gals and the kids are off to the farmer's market for stone crabs, so I'm all alone while everyone else sleeps.

Next pot this morning will prolly be one of the dry-process fruit bombs from Ethiopia. Maybe I'll drop the IMV on them after this lovely pot of Bug is finished.

And yes, I'll put up some pics upon my return home. I seem to have left the camera USB cable behind... those pics just don't jump across...

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres

Clifford
Thanks Lynn We are friends now

Jump to Forum: