Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cupping Coffee Consumer Reports Style, or "Why America Can't Get a Great Cup of Coffee"
DavidG
Consumer Reports cupped the grocery aisle! Here is a link to a write up: http://www.dailyf.../19340771/

Anybody on HRO a Consumer Reports subscriber? I (and maybe you) would love to see the fuller report. If not, I'll buy a copy off the newsstand.

I just had to click away from all the comments to this and the myriad other articles -- I almost succumbed and declared that the world would be a better place if more folks homeroasted!!

David
Edited by DavidG on 02/03/2010 8:57 AM
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

mldavis2
I suspect that most coffee drinkers are looking for a caffeine transport medium. Conditioned to bitter, weak coffee, they add milk and sugar to make it palatable. Most have never had good coffee, I would guess.

No offense, but I am not a fan of CR. Anytime I have had what I consider to be first hand knowledge of a product that was tested, I usually disagree with their assessment. They tend to look for 'dollar value' which often passes over the top quality choices. If you consider that their testers probably aren't used to drinking fresh home roast, they probably consider grocery store shelf stock to be average or better.

I guess that makes me a snob? :|
I love home roast!

iRoast2
Capresso Infinity
CCD, French press, Aeropress, TechniVorm

gene
Great Info:

ML, David, John and others like you. You are the reason I click on HR Org several times each day(and nite).
Always someone out there with an ear to the rail with something interesting and informative.

They and their panel of coffee tasting experts. ha ha and char char!

Wish they had had some HR folks on their panel, the world would become a better place!

Thanks
gene

Jump to Forum: