renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,212
Newest Member: eximwind

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I'm back up and running, almost
shsesc
I was away for some time due to moving. I have been without home roast for a while and I'm not quite back up and running yet.

I just moved back to my home town of Wallingford and the basement doesn't have a good circuit to roast from.

I'm installing 2 new 20A GFI receptacles on different circuits for my roasting setup hopefully tomorrow. I will also have to replace a basement window with a piece of acrylic with a dryer vent mounted to it. I should be back roasting soon.

I will update my posts about the noise issues in Artisan and the results of using the ferrites that I haven't had a chance to try yet.

ciel-007

shsesc wrote:

.... I should be back roasting soon.

Welcome back to HRO!
Are you setting up another fluid bed?
ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

shsesc
Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm going to use the same roaster I used at the old house, a modified Poppery 1 with artisan as a logger.

Unfortunately, our first floor toilet had the supply line come loose and flooded the basement just after I wired up my electrical outlets.

Luckily my green coffee is stored on a book shelf that didn't get wet. No real damage to anything but the hardwood floors are buckled a little. We were able to borrow dehumidifiers and fans from my brother's employer and wet-vac up a good amount of the water.

We replaced the supply line with a braided stainless line with threaded on connections instead of the old one which was only held in with a bushing on the toilet end, so hopefully this won't happen again.

I still have to replace the window pane with polycarbonate with a dryer vent. Then I'll be able to resume roasting.

allenb

shsesc wrote:
Luckily my green coffee is stored on a book shelf that didn't get wet. No real damage to anything but the hardwood floors are buckled a little. We were able to borrow dehumidifiers and fans from my brother's employer and wet-vac up a good amount of the water.

How does one tell if someone is truly a coffee fanatic?

When they are overjoyed that while water from the upper floor toilet piping damaged an area of the hardwood floors it spared the green coffee inventory! ThumbsUp

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

snwcmpr
Yeah Allen that is a good description.

shsesc
Nice, I haven't not had home roasted available in a long time, I shudder at the thought.
Did you mean Wallingford, WA?
If so, a very nice area.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

shsesc
Wallingford, CT

Jump to Forum: