04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My first Roaster
Mike Zuberer
My first roaster was an Orville Redenbacher air popper and a wooden spoon. It took about 3-3 1/2 minutes per roast.
I found another recommended brand at the second hand store and disconnected the thermostat so I could get more even heat.
Next came the stir crazy turbo oven popper. I built two of them.
My wife says I'm obsessed with roasting. I absolutely love it.
Being that I was a chef for a lot of years, coffee roasting has become my new found passion and hobby.

allenb
Big Welcome Mike! Please post often so we can all follow your new obsession and maybe get some feedback from someone intimate with experimenting and taste testing food and beverage.

Oh and by the way, it's interesting to hear from one more who's being labeled as obsessed with roasting. My neighbor who is constantly trying new techniques with grilling in their latest high end bbq contraption is thought of as being into outdoor cooking. Another neighbor who's always trying out the latest new winery offering and studying every minutia of wine making isn't obsessed but is only doing what is natural when one is on his way to becoming a connoisseur of wine. But, if someone sees one of us roasting our own coffee, we get the raised eyebrow. No double standard here and I'm fine with the obsessed label. Roast on!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

boar_d_laze
Mike,

Welcome to the asylum.

Rich
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

Jump to Forum: