Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bathroom renovation
SamSandez
Hi guys,
Our house was constructed few years back. At the time of construction, we had installed walk in shower in all our bathrooms. Due to lack of money at that time, we installed very cheap shower heads. But now we would like to replace it and renovate our bathroom. We would like to install rain shower heads. We would also like to change the tap in our bathroom as it is leaking. In short, there is a complete repair needed for our bathroom. I?m in search of a company that provides good toilet repair services. While googling, I came across a lot many companies that provide such service. But I think more than relying on the review sites, it?s better to get the suggestions from people who have used it. That?s why I thought of posting here. So all with suggestions, do share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Edited by JackH on 05/26/2017 10:52 AM

turtle
Where are you?

A recommendation for a good plumber in NYC won't fly if you are in L.A.

If you are looking for quality fixtures, look at Chicago. Most of what they make is commercial (think schools, hospitals, airports, etc) but all is solid cast brass and triple plated, not plastic with tubing.

http://www.chicag...

Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

JackH
The "Hidden" link in his post points to a company in Toronto. Not sure why he picked a Coffee roasting site to ask about home remodeling.
Edited by JackH on 05/26/2017 5:01 AM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

renatoa
Are you sure the topic isn't about how to convert a bathroom in a coffee roasting facility ? Grin
Roasters: DIY: TO based IR 200-640g
Moded commercial: Skywalker, Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco, popper(s).
Electrics: TC4ESP, MS6514, USB/Artisan/Apps, PID controllers
Grinders: Arco, Xeoleo ghost burrs, Krinder, vintage PeDe Dienes, MBK Feldgrind
Brew/presso: ALM pour over, Arin lever, Staresso Mirage, Hario Cafeor dripper, Flair, Kompresso, Rota Aeropress, Gaggia Mini

ChicagoJohn

JackH wrote:

The link in his post points to a company in Toronto. Not sure why he picked a Coffee roasting site to ask about home remodeling.

My guess it was the word "Home", as in "home repairs" or "home renovations". "Home roasters" may be similar sounding ?
So many beans; so little time....

allenb
I've given a lot of serious thought to designing a large fluidbed using a nice round toilet for the roast chamber bottom end. The porcelain coating would allow a good slippery surface for the beans to travel back to a custom perf plate attached to the bottom narrow opening. All we'd need would be to add a sheet metal enclosure attached to where you normally sit your rear-end and voila! A conversation piece roaster to place in your coffee shop.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

ChicagoJohn

All we'd need would be to add a sheet metal enclosure attached to where you normally sit your rear-end and voila! A conversation piece roaster to place in your coffee shop.

Allen

... and something you could point to by way of explanation should someone exclaim, 'Hey! This coffee tastes like sheet [metal]!"

turtle
Since this is has already degenerated....

Here is a pic of how my bathroom remodel started out.....

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/misc/reno/db_06-demo1_zps24f60267.jpg

It got worse after that.....

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/misc/reno/too_much_cement_zpsf80d7b29.jpg

snwcmpr

turtle wrote:

Since this is has already degenerated....

You mean gone to sheet (metal)?
Grin
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

jkoll42
So did they fix the tap?
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

ChicagoJohn

jkoll42 wrote:

So did they fix the tap?

I hope so... but what I'm wondering is why you'd ever need to repair a good toilet?

allenb
Turtle posted:

Here is a pic of how my bathroom remodel started out....

Mick, If I'm looking at your home improvement photos correctly, it appears the demolition backhoe operator started ripping out part of your garage or next door out building in addition to the bathroom. Was this intentional?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42
The demo backhoe operator operates in a "judgement free zone"

I bet they didn't even charge for the extra work.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

turtle

allenb wrote:

Turtle posted:

Here is a pic of how my bathroom remodel started out....

Mick, If I'm looking at your home improvement photos correctly, it appears the demolition backhoe operator started ripping out part of your garage or next door out building in addition to the bathroom. Was this intentional?

Allen

ripped down a single car garage and covered porch which was between 2 other parts of the house.

Dug a basement to connect the basements in the two remaining parts of the house.

Put in basement storage and a bathroom with rear patio access, with a pass through into the basement, which is how I get my SF-1 roaster out to the patio (from basement through bath onto patio). You can see the basement bathroom door in this roasting pic.

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/food/coffee/San_Franciscan/9-9-2015_roast_zps1v9dcch6.jpg

Main floor was kitchen, dining room, and 2 car garage

2nd floor was master bath, dressing rooms with two 10x10 walk in closets and a large (20x28') master bedroom area.

I guess you would have to say it was a bit more than a simple bathroom make-over Shock

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/Shave%20Den/shave_cathedral.jpg

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/Shave%20Den/SD-full.jpg

jkoll42
That's great and all but is the tap fixed?

Seriously though, did you really put in those rain shower heads? That's been an actual dream of mine for a long time but the main water line into the house is undersized for the flow they need. If you did put them in are they as awesome as I think they are?
-Jon

Jump to Forum: