Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Need advice on Kenya AA roasting
Bruce Ross
I have a Behmor 1600+ unit and a FreshRoast hot air roaster. I began home roasting when Starbucks discontinued my beloved Kenya coffee beans. I loved the earthy-sweetness of their Kenya. My problem is that after roasting 10# of Kenya beans (1/4 to 1 # batches) I still cannot get either taste from various auto and manual profiles. Anybody have a good roasting technique to share? PS - I carefully track elapsed time, wall temperature (wirh "B" sensor), and bean temp (using a calibrated laser IR thermometer).
I am nearly 70 years old and bought 1# of Kenya per week (for about 3 decades) until the fools at Starbucks stopped selling it.

jkoll42

Bruce Ross wrote:

I am nearly 70 years old and bought 1# of Kenya per week (for about 3 decades) until the fools at Starbucks stopped selling it.

Bruce - I actually have no Behmor experience so I'm no help but wanted to say welcome to the forum and the line quoted above made me truly laugh!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

I am 61 and am in a similar situation - idiots at Starbucks quit selling several of my faves ( kenya included ) so I started roasting my own - and I wish I had started years ago...

Jump to Forum: