Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,167
Newest Member: Soubriquet

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Power but No Power???
CharcoalRoaster
I'm still fighting with the wiring to my new roaster specifically to the Arduino/TC4/ZCD/LCD. I have everything wired up and there is power getting to the boards and the LCD as determined by a voltage detector but none of the Power LEDs are illuminated on either the Arduino, TC4 or ZCD and the LCD isn't showing anything.

Photos show the components when supplied with power and voltage detector registers the presence of current.

Small electronics are not my forte so please excuse the wiring spaghetti. If you want to see clean wiring visit CK lol
CharcoalRoaster attached the following images:
3_20.jpg 2_22.jpg 1_18.jpg

Edited by CharcoalRoaster on 09/21/2020 10:47 AM

renatoa
No Vcc power pin fitted on the dimmer board ?
Then how is powered its ATTINY processor ?
Edited by renatoa on 09/21/2020 3:18 PM

CharcoalRoaster
I thought the power to the ZCD came in through the AC INPUT?

mg512
No, you need to supply power to the low-voltage digital part of the dimmer board, from the Arduino / TC4. Just run an extra wire from 5V on the TC4 to VCC on the dimmer board. (I would really not refer to it as a ZCD, it will confuse people!)

That doesn't explain why the Arduino power LED isn't on though. How are you supplying power to the Arduino?

CharcoalRoaster

No, you need to supply power to the low-voltage digital part of the dimmer board, from the Arduino / TC4. Just run an extra wire from 5V on the TC4 to VCC on the dimmer board. (I would really not refer to it as a ZCD, it will confuse people!)

ThumbsUp thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize the low-voltage side needs separate power input.

That doesn't explain why the Arduino power LED isn't on though. How are you supplying power to the Arduino?

https://www.amazo...&psc=1 direct to the socket on the ARDUINO
CharcoalRoaster attached the following image:
power.jpg

renatoa
Did you tried the alternative to power Arduino from USB ?

CharcoalRoaster

renatoa wrote:

Did you tried the alternative to power Arduino from USB ?

Not yet, I will try that next

JackH
I would also unplug the TC4 shield from the arduino and see if the arduino alone powers up.
Edited by JackH on 09/21/2020 4:18 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: