Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Raising my cup to you in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
ihomeroast
Greetings from Cedar Rapids, Iowa! I started roasting in an air popper back in 2007, initially introduced to home roasting and taught by Brett Mason. I upgraded to a Milwaukee heat gun and stainless dog bowl in 2008 and still use that equipment. I’m thankful for several members of this discussion forum back then who helped me hone my roasting skills on the Sweet Maria’s bulletin board: Ed Needham, Ginny, Dennis True, Eddie Dove, Joe Robertson, Lynn White, Barry Luterman, Mike Bybee, and many others.

Though I have more than a dozen brewing devices, my drip pot seems to get used most often…that is, until my daughter broke my now obsolete glass carafe almost a year ago. That took me on a recent hunt for a new drip machine and I stumbled upon this group during my online search for reviews and recommendations. (I ended up with a Technivorm KB.)

Glad to be back in such great caffeinated company!
Dave Kvindlog
Roasting since 2007 via popcorn popper and heat gun / dog bowl. Brewing via Technivorm Moccamaster, Cory and Silex vacuum pots, Aeropress, French press x 4, Moka pot, Clever Coffee Dripper, ceramic pour over, and Cory percolator.

allenb
Hi Dave, glad to have you on board here at Homeroasters! Ed Needham checks in from time to time but is the only one of the original founding team who still does.

Glad to hear you are getting good results from your new Technivorm. Be sure to post often as we would love to hear of your experiences in roasting and how you like the new brewer.

Cheers
Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: