Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
1kg (or 2 lb) fluidbed build with TC4 and automation
ETomczak
Yes, I measured them the other day and was getting 4500w at full power. It's able to roast 1kg of green with ease. Do some people rate the capacity of their roasters by the finished weight? I guess I just assumed green weight was standard 🤷

I'm sure it could roast a bit more than 1kg too, if the fan is turned down as the roast progresses. But I think 1kg might be the comfortable limit of this RC. I could always make a lid that added extra height, if I want to try 2.5 or 3lb batches.

Attached pic of the 3 plates I have. The hole sizes are .062, .125 and .190 inches. I notice no difference in bean circulation between any of them, the only thing that changes is how hard the motor has to work to loft the same amount of beans, with the smallest holes being the hardest, and so on.

Will try to take a video of the roaster in action too if anyone is interested.

Artasb
ETomczak,I use the same setup with the pressure switch, works great. As an extra safety I've set an alarm at 260C in Artisan to turn off the heat and turn up the air. This can help you prevent a burned out heater element, (ask me how I know, lol)

renatoa
Such protection measure should be implemented as simple as possible and close to the hardware, without relying on a computer linked by a wire, i.e. a lot of failure points.
The simplest is a bi-metal switch attached straight to the heater output, connected in series with the heater circuit.
As is thermal cutoff in some popper models, check here: https://library.s...-function/

ETomczak

Artasb wrote:

ETomczak,I use the same setup with the pressure switch, works great. As an extra safety I've set an alarm at 260C in Artisan to turn off the heat and turn up the air. This can help you prevent a burned out heater element, (ask me how I know, lol)

Nice! Yeah the pressure switch is great, and easy to implement. I've thought about alarms in Artisan as well, maybe I'll go that route, but I'm not too worried yet. We'll see if I burn out an element or not, but I'm hoping the ones I bought can handle the heat. They're rated to put out 750 degrees F, and I don't ever get even close to that.

Jump to Forum: