Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Looking for Artisan release v1.1.0
ETomczak
I'm looking for the install files for Artisan v1.1.0 because the only extra computer I have laying around that can be turned into a dedicated roasting companion has Windows 7 on it. According to the release notes, the versions after this require Windows 8. If anyone has experience running a later version on Windows 7 successfully, then I'd take that version too.

In the long run I'd like to find a newer cheap laptop for this, but at the moment I don't have the money for that, so I'd like to try an earlier version of Artisan first.

Thanks!

HarryDog
Will the computer run windows 10? If so use any old windows 7 key, install windows 10 of same version like pro or home (To match your key) and it should still activate. Did 2 last week. You can also use old keys you used to activate before, they work again after a month or two. Note I don't connect to the internet during the install so you can create a local account as well.

Do this on a spare drive so you can put back the old one if you have to.
Github older versions
https://github.co...ses?page=3

You can make windows install media if needed.
https://support.m...c3b507420d

renatoa
I am travelling now, if you can wait until my evening when in a location with Internet, will try to post on a transfer site, like wetransfer. then share the link.
Me too using V1.3 on W7, for me there was the end of road for windows.

ETomczak
Harrydog:
Yes the computer should run windows 10 alright, but I didn't know I could use the same key to install 10. I wish I had known, I spent a long time getting a windows 7 full reinstall to work. If I can find some free time down the road I might give that a try. Thanks for the info.

Renatoa:
That would be great! Thanks so much. You could email it to me if that's any easier, I can message you my address.

HarryDog
Etomczak the github link I posted goes to the version you wanted, you can change the page and get the version Renatoa is using right from Artisan.

Renatoa might have a modified version?

ETomczak
Well what do you know, I managed to install Windows 10 on this machine. It was so much easier than reinstalling 7! And I've already got the latest version of Artisan installed and set up.

Thanks, Harrydog for enlightening me that you could use the Win7 key. This is good, because I'd rather be running a more current version of Artisan.

Renatoa, I don't think I'll need that file after all, thanks so much for the offer though.

HarryDog
Microsoft keeps threatening to kill the servers but so far they have been working.

renatoa

ETomczak wrote:

Renatoa, I don't think I'll need that file after all, thanks so much for the offer though.

Sent to you the link to older version about 3 hours before your post, hope you noticed it.
Worth download and keeping, old machines are still a lot... the download is valid for one week only.

Jump to Forum: