Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Pressure gauge question
RoastingJane
Hello!

I'm a new roaster and I have been having some issues with the gas pressure gauge in my Santoker Sedona Elite 3200dws, year 2020. When I turn the roaster on and then ignite it, the pressure gauge will shoot straight up to 5 and I can't turn it down at all. Turning the roaster back off for about an hour seems to help, but this morning was the 2nd time it's happened to me this week and I have a feeling it might become a problem if I don't take care of it now.

I haven't been able to find much information on this specific roaster in general, let alone for this exact issue. The Buckeye Coffee Roaster's website says they didn't make many of this roaster because of covid and tariffs that were implemented at the time, so I imagine that's why.

I've considered the possibility that the pressure gauge just needs replaced, but I'd rather not do that immediately just in case it's a simple answer like user error or something.

Has anyone had an issue like this before? Also, if anyone knows about resources I can use to get more information about this specific roaster, can you direct me to them please?

Thank you!

allenb
You say it shoots up to 5 psi. Is the gas pressure manually adjustable via a needle valve? If yes, does the gauge move at all when you turn it down or just continue to show 5 psi? If this is the case, it's most likely sticking at the 5 psi mark. But, not sure why it would go to 5 psi at startup if it was manually controlled. Need more information.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: